Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Advance Certificate Course in Counseling using ACT
In this transformational online training course, leading experts in the ACT community will provide in-depth training on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, preparing you to integrate ACT into your practice. You’ll learn to apply ACT in a flexible and fluid way that will help your clients.
Noor Jahan Khan
Why should you learn ACT?
Why ACT model for counseling?
- It can be used as a stand-alone complete therapeutic model and very beneficially used in counseling work. It can also be used in conjunction with any other models of counseling and therapies.
- It a third-wave cognitive behavior therapy and makes use of Mindfulness practices like many other contemporary popular models. Yet it has more scientific data to back up the model.
- It is one of the most empirically tested models. It has a huge resource base and very effective refined tools and techniques which have been empirically verified.
- Approach to ACT: The ACT conceptual toolkit, RFT, ABA, Process-based approach, inevitability of pain, Psychological flexibility model, ACT’s roots in evolutionary science, the psychological inflexibility, moving from psychological inflexibility to flexibility , The 6 core ACT concepts.
- Self as context: Noticing consciousness, The foundation of our sense of self, Self as content vs self as context. Observing self and awareness of self.
- Defusion: Fusions and living in our own heads, role of language, exercises and techniques to help our clients look at thoughts, not from thoughts, Cognitive flexibility
- Opening up and Acceptance: private language, concept of mind, attentional flexibility, “mindful” mode of mind mindfulness as a way of life, willingness.
- Values and committed action: values and goals, holding values lightly and passionately, finding direction, Committed action in working toward values, Commitment to behavior change in line with values.
- Introduction to counselling: Meaning, definition, scope. development, preventive and facilitative-types of counselling. And Preventive, Remedial and developmental functions of counselling.
- Counseling practice and settings: Roles, ethical dilemmas; Settings for interpersonal - counselling skills. Designing and implementing integrated counselling interventions. Boundaries and therapeutic relationship- Concepts of Frames, Maps and Territory and Boundaries; Boundaries of time, physical space, structure of the session; Confidentiality and informed consent
- Qualities of a good counselor: Self Awareness, self-acceptance, self-compassion, identifying biases, sensitivity, Interpersonal skills, cultural variables. Warmth, Empathy, Genuineness and Unconditional Positive Regard.
- Effective Communication : Body-language, SOLER, Four Listening Responses : Clarification, Paraphrasing, Reflection, Summarization, Barriers to Listening, Questioning – use of open and close ended questions, Information Giving, Self-disclosure, Confrontation. Use of silence, constructive feedback (Situation, Behavior, Impact), Assertiveness, Time Management, Team Work
- Ethical considerations: and dealing with diversity: or ethical framework, acceptance of own limitations in terms of knowledge and skills. Providing additional sources of support, referral agencies; acknowledging diversity, context of culture, profession, gender, socio economic status, religion, sexual preferences etc.
- Understanding psychopathology: Labeling and Diagnosis, non medicalization, de-intellectualization, understanding the medical model and non medical approach, cultural and legal considerations.
- Understanding emotions: nature of emotions, functions of emotions,, private language and emotional dilemmas, emotional regulation, avoidance, dealing with difficult emotions.
- Contextual functionalism: understanding the context, notes and following with the client, altering the communication techniques according to context and purpose.
- Confronting the agenda: identifying make-belief patterns and wishful thinking, from wishful-ness to willingness, identifying distractive behaviors, creative hopelessness.
- Goal setting and value driven Life: making willingness action plan, SMART goals, acceptance of perceived barriers, committing to the values instead of goals, self compassion and self-care.
- Stages of counselling: Identifying presenting problem, Diagnosis, setting the agenda, designing specific interventions, follow ups and termination.
- Designing sessions for individual needs: A matrix to use for case conceptualization, Network analysis of cases using ACT principles, About the therapeutic relationship in ACT, therapeutic alliance in ACT, Team work, upholding the experiences of the client, matrix, worksheets and notes taking.
- Metaphors and defusion techniques : Designing metaphors, use in the sessions, using defusion techniques, visualization, breaking the loops.
- Mindfulness exercises: mediations, mindfulness as a way of life, designing mindfulness practices, designing individual mindfulness rituals, Incorporating experiential exercises, metaphors, diffusion techniques, mindfulness exercises.
- Practicing specific clinical techniques: Focused interviewing skills, use the “choice point”, rapid case formulation and treatment targeting, rain techniques.
Who can join
Psychologists & Mental Health Professionals
Life coaches & Skill Training Practioners
Self Learners and Psychology enthusiasts
- Get your counseling skills recommended on LinkedIn by Mind Plus Life.
- Become a part of an ever-growing community of Act professionals to benefit from their expertise and also get support.
- Once you have completed the course you can create a brand value and a professional image as a counselor and an ACT practitioner.
- You get individual customized career guidance and one-to-one counseling with our experts to design your career in this professional field.
- Learn to form the two most prominent Indian names in the field of Counseling and Acceptance and Commitment therapy. You get a chance to closely work with them and also get mentored by them for a lifetime.
- You get lifetime access to the course and also opportunities to participate in revision classes with later batches.
- You can later participate in ongoing research and publications being conducted by Mind Plus Life.
- The course gives you an opportunity to identify your personal values and goals.
- It can help you identify your behaviors and underlying motives.
- It can help to change your behavioral patterns and also develop a sense of autonomy in your life.
- It helps you to deal with difficult emotions and their effect on your behaviors, routines, and life in general.
- It helps you understand the basic nature of emotions and their functions.
- It helps you to regulate your emotions so as to lead a purposeful and experientially rich life.
- This course helps you develop greater empathy and communication skills to connect to people around you.
- It can help you to help people better in times of crisis.
- It can help you develop a better understanding of human behavior.
- It helps you develop skills to deal with difficult social situations and difficult people.
If you want to pay us by cash deposit or online transfer, please proceed with the following bank details :
Bank: Axis Bank
Account Name: Mind Plus Life
Account Number: 918020058965577
Branch: MP Nagar (Bhopal)
IIFSC Code: UTIB0003634
If you want to pay online, select any of the payment methods below.
Paytm: 9669001819 " Noorjahan Khan"
Google pay: noorie.khan.02@okicici
Most frequent questions and answers
Anyone can participate. Even if you just want to learn About Therapies/Counseling you are welcome. Therapists, psychologists, Doctors, Social workers, teachers people from diverse backgrounds have benefited from this course. We also have Courses for everyone which includes different types of Skills Training.
Content without context is both irrelevant and meaningless. We meet many people who count their years of experience of doing Practice and Struggling with clients but no sustainable results. How so great content it is, it needs a proper context.You create that context with MPL. All your leanings from whatever courses you have done on the content of psychology, therapies will fall in place. You will see for yourself how a new life infuses into your known tools and techniques.
The course will be available online.You will also be part of the community that grows. Peer discussion happens during weekly mentor-led Group calls, and through the online discussion forum. It include lifetime access to future live revision sessions, which you will be automatically notified about via email or call.
You get A Participation certification from the organization. We train you to start with therapy and use it.If you plan to be a Life coach with non-clinical intervention. There are usually no restrictions for the same. But we recommend you to complete a Masters Degree.
Yes definitely. Even though it is designed keeping professionals in mind. It is definitely designed for people who want to learn. It can be equally helpful for people who are doing regular mode Graduation or masters.
Yes, We provide different therapies that have a clinical underpinning. We cover all the aspects of non-clinical counseling and Life Coaching and are done in-depth. Many clinical psychologists are interested in our program because of our style of teaching and counseling that we do.
We would recommend strong Wi-Fi and robust electronic gadgets. The classes can happen over zoom WebEx Cisco Cisco or Google meet. Usually, Every country has some norms and restrictions over these platforms. It is the reason why we have kept all three platforms open. We will inform on which platform we will be doing this according to the participants. All platforms are free to use from the participant side.